Frequently Asked Questions

What are your office hours?

We are open Monday-Thursday from 7:30a.m. to 5:30p.m. and Friday from 8:00a.m. to Noon. For a list of the City of Kemah’s holidays, please click here. Please note that phone lines will not be answered when court hearings are in session. To view the Kemah Municipal Court’s docket schedule, please click here


Where is the Municipal Court Located?

Our address is 1401 Hwy 146, Kemah, TX 77565.

What forms of payment do you accept?

Accepted forms of payment include cash, money order, cashier’s check, credit/debit cards (VISA, Mastercard, or Discover only) The court does not accept personal checks. 

*When making a payment with a credit/debit card, the cardholder  must be present and must present a valid photo ID.*

May I pay my citation online?

You may pay your fine in full using the online payment website:  If you pay your fine in full online, the judgement will be final. Juvenile offenders will not be able to pay online.

May I mail in my payment?

Yes, you may mail in a money order or cashier’s check for payment of their fines. Please make them payable to Kemah Municipal Court and include a plea of No Contest or Guilty with a copy of your citation. A payment received through the mail without a plea or other indicator will be recorded as a plea of No Contest. Mailed payments must be post-marked by the scheduled due date noted on the citation. 

*Please note that Juvenile offenders will not be able to mail in payment.*


May I make a payment over the phone?

No, Kemah Municipal Court does not accept payments over the phone.


I received a citation, but don’t see a court date printed on my citation.

Kemah Municipal Court does not automatically assign a court date. The date on printed on your citation is a response date/ due date. You have until this date to select an option available to you. You may use our website to find more information about those options. If you choose to select an option and proceed online, your payment will not be reversed or refunded. You may also contact the Court at 281-334-5910 during normal office hours for further assistance.


What do I need to do to get a payment extension?

You may receive a 30-day extension to pay your fine by appearing in person and making the request.

What do I need to do to get a payment plan?

You may receive a monthly payment plan to pay your fine by appearing in person and making the request. 


Can I request a court date online?

You may request a Virtual Court Hearing online. Please click here for information on how to request a Virtual Court Hearing.


How can I find how much I owe and the due date? 

By selecting the link : Court Online Payments, you can search your outstanding charges for Kemah Municipal Court. You may also call the Court office at 281-334-5910.


If I pay my fine before my scheduled court date, do I still need to come to court?

If you made disposition of your case(s) prior to your scheduled court date, you will not need to appear on your court date. However, it is your responsibility to confirm that you have properly disposed of your case(s).


Do I have to get a lawyer to go to court?

You can represent yourself or retain a lawyer to represent you. The Municipal Court will not appoint a lawyer to represent, but you may retain one yourself. No one other than a licensed attorney can represent you.


Can I call Kemah Municipal Court to find out how many warrants I have outstanding against me in the State of Texas?

The Municipal Court can only talk to you about the cases filed against you in Kemah Municipal Court. To find out about other charges, you must contact the court that has jurisdiction in each specific case.


How can I get excused from jury service?

You may file a claim for exemption requesting to be excused from jury service in person, by fax at 281-334-5407, or by U.S. Mail.

Please visit the Juror Information tab for a list of qualifying exemptions.


How can I find a Driver’s Safety Course?

You are not eligible to take a driver’s safety course until you have received written instructions and due dates from the court. Once you have your paperwork from the court, you can go online to find State-approved online and traditional classes.

How can I order my driving record?

You are not eligible to order your driving record until you have received written instructions and due dates from the court. Once you have your paperwork from the court, you can order the 3A version of your driving record online or by mail. Please keep in mind that you will need to print your driving record when ordering online and it can take 6 – 8 weeks to receive your driving record by mail.