The City of Kemah continues to monitor the SH-146 Highway Expansion Project developments and their impacts on city operations, visitors, and the citizens of Kemah. As we continue to track these developments, now is a good time to prepare alternative travel plans.
In addition, for real time lane-closure and traffic updates, visit Houston TranStar or download their app from the App Store or Google Play.
The Texas Department of Transportation has produced the following information:
- The inside (left) eastbound and westbound lanes will be closed on Repsdorph Road / E Meyer Avenue at SH146 in Seabrook 9:00am to 3:00pm on 11/12/21. This closure is for access to underground utility work. No off duty police officers are anticipated to be used in this closure.
- **NASA Road 1 will be reduced to 1 lane at this location for approximately 2 weeks while paving work takes place**
- There will be alternating lane closures on NASA Road 1 at SH146 in Seabrook 9:00am to 3:00pm on 11/12/21. This will also take place 9:00pm 11/12/21 through 9:00pm 11/13/21. This closure is for re-striping NASA Road 1 in preparation for re-paving. 2 off duty police officers are anticipated to be used in this closure.
- This closure will only begin after the Main Street closure is completed.
- *REMINDER* FM2094 will be fully closed (both directions) just west of SH146 5:00am Monday 11/15/21 through 5:00am Tuesday 11/16/21. This closure is for post-tension work on a cap for the Express Bridge. 2 off duty police officers are anticipated to be used during this closure.
- Detour for traffic on SH146: FM2094 can be accessed by turning west on FM518 until you reach FM2094.
- Detour for traffic on FM2094: SH146 can be reached by traveling west on FM2094, south on FM270, and east on SH96.
Please note that these closures are subject to change if needed due to weather, and additional notifications regarding changes or cancellations will be posted when made available.
SH146.com is an information source for project and construction updates. While the website is maintained by the Cities of Kemah and Seabrook, the expansion project is managed by TxDOT and their team.
Thank you for your attention to this matter and please stay safe!