The City of Kemah continues to monitor the SH-146 Highway Expansion Project developments and their impacts on city operations, visitors, and the citizens of Kemah. As we continue to track these developments, now is a good time to prepare alternative travel plans.
In addition, for real time lane-closure and traffic updates, visit Houston TranStar or download their app from the App Store or Google Play.
The Texas Department of Transportation has produced the following information:
- The outside (right) northbound lane on SH146 will be closed between Cien Road and FM518 in Kemah 9:00am to 3:00pm on 9/13/21. This closure is for setting concrete barriers. No off duty police officers are anticipated to be used in this closure.
- There will be alternating lane closures on northbound and southbound SH146 between Cien Road and FM518 in Kemah 9:00am to 3:00pm daily from 9/15/21 to 9/17/21 and from 7:00am to 5:00pm on 9/18/21. This closure is for roadway work and pavement striping operations. 1 off duty police officer is anticipated to be used in this closure.
- *REMINDER* FM518 will be fully closed (both directions) just west of SH146 5:00am Monday 9/13/21 through 5:00am Friday 9/17/21, and 5:00am Monday 9/20/21 through 5:00am Friday 9/24/21. The closure from 5:00am Wednesday 9/8/21 through 5:00am Friday 9/10/21 is canceled. This closure is for post-tension work on a cap for the Express Bridge. 2 off duty police officers are anticipated to be used in this closure.
- Detour for traffic on SH146: FM518 can be accessed by turning west on SH96, then north on FM270 until you reach FM518.
- Detour for traffic on FM518: turn south on Kemah Avenue, then east on Bel Road. (Kemah Avenue also known as Evergreen Memorial Parkway. Bel Road also known as Ralph Gordy Avenue)
i. An alternate detour will be set up for traffic coming from further west: SH146 can be reached by traveling south on FM270 and then east on SH96.
Please note that these closures are subject to change if needed due to weather, and additional notifications regarding changes or cancellations will be posted when made available.
SH146.com is an information source for project and construction updates. While the website is maintained by the Cities of Kemah and Seabrook, the expansion project is managed by TxDOT and their team.
Thank you for your attention to this matter and please stay safe!